Sunday, January 8, 2012

Parisian Chic: The Hermes Scarf

My Uncle once told me that if he could have foreseen my fondness for Hermes Scarfs, he would have bought me one years ago when he was stationed in France during WWII.  Of course I wasn't yet born, however I would have loved to have had a beautiful Hermes scarf waiting for me before I became a student of the fashionably chic.

As a Neiman Marcus sales associate selling Hermes luxury goods, I had the opportunity to closely examine the beauty of the scarf's mystique.  There have been approximately 2,000 designed since the first one made its debut in 1937.  It's regarded by some as one of the most elegant accessory you could wear.  Trust me, there are many beautiful scarfs one could own, however an Hermes scarf has the elegance of hand painted art on silk twill.  Each one has its own namesake, hand rolled borders, colors dyed to unique perfection, and if purchased ....carefully placed in a chic orange box.   I can vividly remember the scarves being perfectly folded in glass cases for a potential buyer's view.  Many of the scarfs tell a story, and have been worn by royalty (Princess Grace of Monaco) as well as the rich & famous.

The Hermes scarf has a rich heritage of French History and it continues to be beautifully made just as they were many years ago.  If you have a love for art, the feel for silk, and the desire for a luxury brand item, save your money and buy yourself an Hermes Scarf. (Or drop a big hint for this luxurious item if someone is feeling generous!)  You'll love wearing it or you may want to frame it for your wall.  After some time, you may decide to pass it down to a loved one.  Hopefully they will appreciate the wonderful item that you have saved for them, as I certainly would have treasured an Hermes scarf from my beloved Uncle!                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                   
Here are some examples of beautiful Hermes scarves:
My HERMES Scarf tells an African Story!
The Orange Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment